Someday, maybe, you think you want to own your own business in the pro beauty business. I have good news and bad news for you. The good news is you can and you will. The bad news is you already do. It is only bad news if you have not thought of your effort in this way already. No matter the circumstances or situation of your employment in the beauty business you are already your own little owner.
You and only you bear the bottom-line responsibility for your success, income and career satisfaction. You own your destiny. You own your actions and you own your results.
Here are my top tips for taking ownership of your job, career and situation.
1. Set Goals – Using S.M.A.R.T. goal setting principles establish goals for your business. Goals that meet the S.M.A.R.T. guidelines are the basis for real action and strategy.
2. Track – Using a few key industry metrics, track your performance and your numbers to measure against your prior results and your goals.
3. Build client connections – Bottom line, the money comes from the clients. Keep the focus on the client in decision making and marketing. What do they need? What do they want? How can I deliver it for them, whatever “it” happens to be? If it does not help clients you can likely skip it.
4. Invest in your skills – Build upon wherever you are to be more, do more and offer more. Take classes. Participate in an online academy. There are many ways to invest in you.
5. Expand your revenue streams – Make more money more ways. Add services. Sell products. There are many ways to make money in the pro beauty business. How many are you leveraging? Maximize the streams you are already working in. Add new streams as opportunity and education allows.
Treat any situation you find yourself in as ownership of your own business and you are sure to succeed. Like any business venture, it will not be easy, but it will be worth the effort.
Join my online community at the LINK HERE or sign up for my $100,000 Haircutter academy at the LINK HERE. Academy classes start in waves. Be on the notification list for the next wave. Learn more at ivanzoot.com